Moy Park is the Poultry.Network Sustainability Hub Processor Sponsor
Moy Park’s mission — to be the best in all that we do — guides our every move. Our investments to achieve net-zero, build attractive communities and enable team members and their families to advance their education all add up to one thing: making good on our mission.
The decisions we make today will have a lasting impact — we hope for generations. By bringing more to the table than great-tasting food, we can contribute to solutions that we all crave, no matter where we live: sustainable food production, sustainable communities, and a sustainable future for us all.
We care about our role in the world and our responsibility as a global food company. That’s why we’re the first global meat and poultry company to commit to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040.
The ambition reflects our goal to meet the health and nutritional needs of the growing global population in a sustainable manner that preserves the planet’s resources for future generations.
As part of our commitment, we have signed on to the United Nations Global Compact’s Business Ambition for 1.5C initiative, which aligns with the most ambitious aim of the Paris Agreement to limit global warming.
We believe that agriculture and food production can and must be a part of the global climate solution.
To accomplish our net-zero goal, we have adopted several strategies to achieve reductions in emissions, including:
- Reducing direct emissions from our facilities: We will reduce our scope 1 and 2 emission intensity by at least 55% by 2030 against base year 2019.
- Establishing a ‘Scope 3 Emissions Reduction’ working group focused on farm emission mitigations
- Invest in research and development projects to address sustainability challenges.
- Focus on deforestation-free supply chains,
- RE60: Have 100% renewable electricity across our owned facilities by 2025.
- Reduce water use intensity by 15% by 2030 vs. 2019 baseline.