COBB has issued a new version of its broiler breeder management guide that includes updated guidance and new information.
The guide covers feed management, chick management, water management, egg handling, and biosecurity best practices alongside extensive new information and important updates.
The handbook recommendations are intended to support higher yields, better feed conversion, and healthy flocks for customers.
New information includes:
- An easy-to-use checklist to determine if flocks are on target for rearing and production goals.
- Detailed information on the importance of nutrition.
- Explanation of feed management broken down into phases of rearing and production.
- Extensive water management guidelines, including a reference table to evaluate water quality.
- Step-by-step instructions for cleaning and sanitizing breeder housing units.
- Flock depletion: when and how.
- Comprehensive ventilation information specific to breeder housing units.
- Light trap installation and management.
Expanded and updated information includes:
- Detailed information to support and optimize your biosecurity program.
- Pre- and post-placement guidelines to get your flock off to a great start.
- Comprehensive guide to lighting programs.
- How to support body weight control, including data analysis and a thorough explanation of the weighing, sorting and grading processes.
- Male management including a guide to spiking programs.
- Mechanical and manual egg collection: timing and key considerations.
- Egg grading, along with a protocol to evaluate eggshell quality.
“As part of the Cobb commitment to quality, we work hard every day to make sure customers have access to the latest expertise that will help products reach maximum performance,” said Cody Polley, director of world tech support.
“This broiler breeder handbook is important to customers and helps make quality protein accessible, healthy, and affordable worldwide.”
The management guides and a range of other resources for poultry farmers can be found on Cobb’s website.