THE JOB TITLE –AGRICULTURAL CONTRACTS MANAGER – LAYERS (POULTRY)
THE INDUSTRY– Poultry / Eggs
THE SALARY– Competitive Package
THE LOCATION– Cumbria
THE COMPANY – A family owned business producing and packing free range and organic free range eggs. Based in the heart of Cumbria. Industry leading in its approach to animal welfare and environmental provenance.
THE ROLE– To maintain the company’s standards via regular pre-audit visits and monitoring as instructed by The Head of Agriculture.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Maintain regular audits and routine visits on all producer farms
* Work with farmers to increase welfare, production and economic performance
* Ensure all aspects of the company’s standards are met
* Comply and adhere to the Company’s Health & safety & Environmental Policies.
* Uphold product quality and safety to adhere to applicable quality systems and work instructions assisting in auditing and developing quality systems when necessary.
* Actively report all quality product and safety deviations and assist in corrective action if required.
* Represent the company with a positive attitude and aware of wider issues.
* Efficient maintenance of producer standards
* Maintain confidentiality and up to date records.
* 2 years Poultry experience in a management or assistant management position or a comparable environment
* An understanding of the operation of Free Range egg production is essential
* Excellent understanding of the poultry industry is essential
* Being able to work efficiently on own initiative
* Highly motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness and enthusiasm to take on new challenges
* Flexible and adaptable
* Proactive and driven approach
* Ability to achieve continuous improvement and development.
GET IN CONTACT: In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.