This is an exceptional opportunity for a passionate, career focused Assistant Manager who is looking to further their career and really make waves in the poultry industry.
Assisting the management of our client’s largest site in the UK, you will be managing a large team of individuals who are working to the best welfare standards and production targets.
This is a role where you will make a name for yourself and further promote your career within this competitive industry, going on then to further your career within this influential business if desired.
To be successful within the application process you will have had 2/3 years of experience at this level, have good people management skills, a full driving licence and live or be willing to relocate within a commutable distance of the site.
The fundamental aim of this Assistant Farm Manager role is to play a key part in the process of obtaining top quality breeders whilst working as part of a team and supporting the farm manager.
As Assistant Farm Manager, just a few of the duties you will have the opportunity to conduct include:
- Liaise regularly with your management team regarding all aspects of flock management
- Maintain Bio Security on the farm
- Monitor flock health – all vaccinations, blood and salmonella testing according to guidelines
- Accurately record housing environment measurements
- Follow daily routines for feeding, water management, litter management and ventilation
- Undertake job related training as and when required
- Set up houses prior to intake of chicks and prepare for movements
- Respond to alarm calls quickly and efficiently
The background that is required from our client to be considered for this fantastic opportunity based in Norfolk are as follows:
- 2-3 years minimum at Assistant Manager level
- The ability to manage a large team of staff
- The aptitude work on your own initiative when required
- The ability to maintain standards in the farm managers absence
- Organised and detailed approach to duties
- Able to prioritise duties/tasks with the guidance of the farm manager
- Full UK Driving Licence
The Remuneration: A competitive salary is being offered with this role with excellent career progression opportunities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.