Are your management skills ready to be taken to the next level?
Working for a business who has a track record of quality performance and high standards could be the next step in your career. As the Broiler farm manager, you will have the responsibility of a 350,000 bird unit spread across 10 houses, in a modern automated progressive set up.
You would require significant experience in large scale operations of broilers, whilst having the ability to effectively manage people. You will have 2 assistants to manage in addition to coordinating contractors, therefore people management must be part of your background.
Duties to include:
- Overseeing the full production cycle.
- Management of staff members; to include the management of evening checks and night time alarms.
- Compliance with assurance schemes and paperwork management.
- Having a ‘hands on’ approach; completing daily check sheets, shed walks, environment monitoring and general maintenance as required.
- Ensuring bird welfare and biosecurity are maintained to a high standard.
- Effective staff management to ensure smooth running of the daily activities.
- High attention to detail, having a methodical work ethic.
- Good communication skills; liaising with internal and external partners.
- Previous managerial experience is essential.
- NVQ Poultry Passport Qualifications are advantageous.
- Telehandler/forklift, spray certificates etc are beneficial but not essential.
In return, a competitive salary is offered in addition to a performance related bonus. Attractive accommodation and work rota are also included.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Alex Wheeler on: 01885 485528 or e-mail your CV and covering letter TO firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.