Aviagen is a world-leading poultry breeding company. With welfare and sustainability at the heart of everything we do, our well-established genetic selection program ensures continuous improvements in bird health with the highest–quality care and welfare standards. We are a business that puts people and poultry first.
We are looking for a NEW hatchery Manager to join our modern hatchery located near Rugby, Warwickshire. You’ll be Hatching GGP (Great grandparent) & GP (Grandparent) chicks, reporting to the Head of GGP.
Sound interesting? Here’s more about the role:
This role will have full operational responsibility to plan, organise and control the day-to-day activities of the hatching and delivery of day old chicks to match customer orders to agreed quality standards and within a bio-secure environment. Here’s a look at some of the key responsibilities for the role:
- Lead, motivate & manager your team
- Manage and maintain weekly hatch schedules, chick care and transfer activities
- Coordinated hatchery activities including equipment, sanitation and vaccinations
- Manage animal welfare to ensure we comply with all company policies and animal welfare guidelines
- Oversee quality assurance program
- Keep current knowledge of industry trends
- Plan and oversee hatchery budget
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for someone who has great attention to detail and can manage logistics well. This technically complex operation requires strong management of budgets, quality standards, bio security, data collection, analytics, and problem-solving. There is a great team at the hatchery so we will be looking for someone to lead and develop this skilled team.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- Onsite company home
- Company car
- Competitive company pensions
- Company bonus scheme
- Life Assurance
For this opportunity, you’ll ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in animal science or NVQ 3 in Poultry Agricultural qualification.