WHAT’S THE JOB? HEAD OF OPERATIONS leading to OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A prestigious and family-owned Farming Estate with industry leading poultry production and processing, high calibre business premises and event facilities within a stunning area of outstanding beauty on the edge of the Chilterns in the Thames Valley
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Estate/Farm Management, Maintenance and Production of Poultry
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Commensurate with experience and ability + vehicle
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? Thames Valley, Berkshire
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE ROLE? Overseeing Operations of the various facets of the group’s business the Head of Operations will be working towards the title of Operations Director through hard work, determination and commitment to the business. Growing alongside the current Managing Director the Head of Operations will be supporting and steering the business in its healthy expansion and diversification plans, a truly once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person. The Head of Operations will be visible and approachable both internally and externally and will act in a strong ambassadorial manner in always representing the Company and its values.
- Farm Operations Management – planning, costs, budget, HR, Inputs, overtime – at times hands on involvement in busy periods
- Estate management and maintenance/ Property maintenance – Working with the Property Manager you will be keeping on schedule with new and existing projects, setting goals and plans for maintenance team: general awareness of needs to maintain tidy and impressive estate and grounds
- Planning – Turkey business growing and rearing plans, site development and improvement planning
- Production – Turkey processing, production and procurement. Including technical reports and auditing with an on-site technical and auditing officer
- Team Management – assist MD with team meetings, motivation and planning
- Events – awareness and understanding to step in as and when required. As before preparing and maintaining site and equipment for all events
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’re a successful manager having achieved career progression through at least 3-5 years on merit and sustainable success within a farming business which incorporates a poultry unit of a commercial size
- You’re seeking further career development and possess the requisite drive and energy to succeed at the highest level
- You’ll have a thorough knowledge of poultry farming and understand the challenges, seasonal flexibility and diverse working conditions of a busy commercial enterprise
- A successful background in team leadership is a key requirement – not only can you effectively manage and delegate to your team day to day, but you can also identify talent, inspire and develop those around you as well as getting involved as and when required yourself, leading by example
- A confident and articulate communicator, you’ll be familiar with client presentations, and possess a well-developed range of interpersonal and relationship building skills, along with IT skills including MS Office
- Empowered and confident, you can make sound business decisions (and difficult decisions) in the absence of the MD when required
- You will embrace change and be receptive to new ideas in an ever-changing market
- You will be a graduate with an Agricultural or Management qualification as well as an agricultural background
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? We’re keen to hear from motivated individuals who have a strong desire to succeed and want to manage and develop a successful business. Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), and a little bit about yourself directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.