This is a key role within our highly dynamic and diverse Cobb Europe Technical team.
A great fit to our culture, you’ll make a valuable contribution to our team’s goal of providing the best technical expertise and support to our customers within The EMEA region.
Our customers benefit from our experienced ten-person tech specialists team at Cobb Europe, and also have access to our highly valued and respected World Technical Team of global specialists.
It is very much a team effort here at Cobb Europe, where the ability to communicate and co-operate inter-departmentally is a must.
You’ll play a vital role not only supporting customers, but also supporting and advising colleagues, keeping us all up to date on industry trends, challenges and opportunities within poultry nutrition.
This is a great role within a fantastic team, and provides plenty of scope and opportunity for career growth and development.
• Diet formulation and nutritional advice to customers in Europe, Middle East Africa, Russia and our internal production team
• Provide support and input in the improvement of the Cobb Product, utilisation and understanding.
• Initiate and maintain regular communication of customer requirements and comments with internal Cobb groups.
• Provide input and analysis of product development. Produce data summaries, evaluate trends.
• Assist in designing trials, following up, evaluating and summarizing findings.
• Present to customers at seminars about Cobb nutrition.
Additional Responsibilities and Projects
• Represent Cobb Europe on internal research and other committees
• Produce technical bulletins for customers and management from papers produced by our internal research and other committees.
• Produce and maintain personal budget.
• Hold a PHD or equivalent qualification in animal science or a related subject
• Live in Europe and are able to travel preferably in proximity to a major airport
• Ultimately, 30-50% of the role could be made up of travel within our region but also worldwide
• Are a match for our culture
• This is how you want to work
• You have those skills and want to keep developing them
• Speak, write and present in English
• Are able to work flexibly within a changing environment
• Are computer proficient in all MS Office packages
• Understand statistical information and are able to provide accurate figures as well as analysis
• Want to take responsibility for your own growth and development
• Whilst we are committed to fully supporting your journey, you must also be able to play your part
• Are interested and inquisitive, getting answers to questions you have
• Are at ease in communicating well face to face and by telephone building strong team and personal relationships
• Have solid presentation skills
• Demonstrate the ability to be proactive
• Have attended some courses on animal nutrition, animal science, physiology of animals and statistics
• An agricultural upbringing would be beneficial
Trainee role If you are a masters graduate in an animal science or related subject, passionate about nutrition and aspiring to become a fully training poultry nutritionist, this role could be for you!
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays in country of location
• Benefits commensurate to the country of employment
Candidates cannot hold any avian species at home
The role can be based from the UK, the Netherlands or another EU country, as long if you speak, write and able to present in English. This is also why this role is open with our specialized international recruitment agency ‘1485 search’. Although someone with experiences is preferable, we are also open for junior candidates.
Interested candidates can send their application and CV tot Paul Genders from 1485 search.
Director, Ingredients & Nutrition
mobile: +44 (0)7383 456 321
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.