Brackley Farms are looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Poultry Farm Manager to manage a broiler farm in the Brackley, Northamptonshire area.
The Farm Manager is responsible for the day to day management of all aspects of the poultry farm to attain quality broiler chickens and you will also ensure the workplace safety of all employees and visitors to the farm, adhering to company Health and Safety Policies.
· Setting up houses for chicks and carrying out daily checks on the housing and birds
· General bird management – Ventilation, feeding, vaccinating etc
· Manage crop estimation
· Completing daily checklists and all relevant paperwork in accordance with Quality Control
· Ensuring ongoing Bio Security is maintained
· Humanely culling and removal of dead birds
· Litter management
· Feed ordering
· Maintaining safe work practices of all personnel and contractors on site
· Supervising and management of relevant staff
· Liaise with customers and manage external contractors
· Basic farm and equipment maintenance
· Compliance with legislative and assurance scheme standards
· Comply with company relevant policies and regulations
· Adhering to all health and safety and environmental procedures
· You will be required to assist other farms in the area and work alongside the production management team to achieve the best performance from crops.
· Oversee the day-to-day running of the farm with the assistance of other farm and relief staff. An emphasis on running the farm as if it was your own business, managing expenditure, maintenance and bird welfare.
· Work with Field Staff, Production Manager and Directors, alongside veterinary advice to continuously improve farm performance and bird welfare.
· Arrange turnaround procedures.
· Ordering chemicals with instruction available from Production Managers and Field Staff.
· Shavings and top-ups are to be ordered direct to site by the Farm Manager.
· Implement a robust water sanitisation programme at turnaround and in-crop.
· Notify Production Manager of mortality in the first three days. 0.3% within three days 1.5% in a week.
· Ensure Production Manager is alerted if there is any suspicious activity in or around your sites.
· Single-man sites are to assist each other during busy periods (Chick deliveries, Catches etc.) in conjunction with the relief manager.
· Capital investment will be carried out but we will rely on guidance from Farm Managers as to what is of the highest priority. If a list could be made it would help us identify where the money will best be spent.
· Fuel ordering is to be carried out by the Farm Manager.
· Farms are issued a smartphone with WhatsApp capability and a group chat will be active to discuss any group-related matters.
· Meet your obligations for mandatory Poultry Passport training.
· The overall emphasis is giving you the tools to drive performance whilst giving you the responsibility of the ownership on the site. These are your farms and this approach will enable farm staff to put their stamp on the business.
· If your farm is out of cycle to renovate, you will be expected to act as farm relief to assist other farms
Your reporting Line Manager is the Senior Poultry Production Manager or Director.
The successful candidate will have previous experience within the poultry industry as well as a relevant qualification in Agriculture.
· NVQ in Poultry production or Poultry Passport.
· Have an excellent understanding of bird welfare and management skills.
· Full Driving Licence
· Tractor, Tele-handler and/or Forklift Licence
Terms and Conditions
Salary – Negotiable (dependent on experience)
Bonus scheme – scheme based on performance
We have an Equal Opportunities policy and welcome all applications. Please send CV to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.