Rymer Farm is an integrated free-range egg production and packing site acutely focused on producing high-quality eggs from flocks maintained to the highest welfare standards for packing in our on-farm British Lion assured packing centre. Rymer Farm is 7 miles north of the market town of Bury St Edmunds on the edge of the Brecklands in North West Suffolk.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a minimum of two year’s experience in Free Range egg production keen to take over a hands-on role with managerial responsibility.
As the Production Manager at Rymer Farm, you will be responsible for:
- Working with, overseeing and providing leadership to the egg production team to achieve the highest standards of hen welfare and quality egg production.
- Where required, recruit and develop a team with a culture of confidence and improvement with one-to-one appraisals.
- Planning and managing the weekend staff rotas
- Ensuring the highest level of biosecurity and hygiene standards within the production facilities.
- Maintaining and enhancing a culture of the highest safety standards in the working environment.
- Planning onsite training of the production staff to, at least, the standards set to British Lion and RSPCA Assured requirements.
- Maintaining accurate records of production both as required for auditing and for you to monitor flock performance.
- Overseeing the maintenance and repair of equipment and infrastructure within the production facilities. Coordinate with the business’s maintenance sub-contractors for to ensure timely repairs and minimise downtime.
- Collaborating with other operations within the business, particularly the packing centre, to ensure a timely supply of high-quality eggs
- Staying updated with industry trends and best practices, as well as identifying opportunities for process improvement and innovation in egg production.
- To enjoy the role and to inspire a positive can-do attitude to challenges among staff and colleagues even when working, from time to time, under pressure!
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a recognised qualification within the free range egg production industry (eg Lion training passport) or be able to demonstrate similar levels of experience.
- Have excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills.
- Be passionate about developing teams, empowering and getting the best out of people.
- Be able to see the bigger picture and contribute towards its success particularly when prioritising day to day tasks.
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Work well under pressure, both on your own and when leading a team.
- Work proactively.
- Manage your own time with an element of flexibility.
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Professional management support and mentoring (ActionCoach)
- 4×4 vehicle provided.
- Potential farm cottage
- Salary £30,000 – £36,000 depending on candidate and accommodation requirements.
For more information or to arrange an interview, please call Toby Rush on 07860 233661 and email a CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org