ELANCO is to host its 2020 conference as a virtual event, and time is running out to register to attend.
Taking place online on 24 September from 12-6pm, the event will host a range of speakers from the egg industry and focus on salmonella protection ‘From Pullet to Plate’.
See also: Three ways to reduce salmonella risk on poultry farms in summer
Speakers will include British Egg Industry Council chief executive Mark Williams and the British Free-Range Egg Producers Association’s Robert Gooch.
Several speakers from Elanco will outline vaccination strategies as well as the firm’s Food Safety Programme.
Noble Foods’ Graham Atkinson will give an overview of how the Food Safety Programme works in practice, while Ed Nottingham, of Scrutton Bland Insurance, will talk about insurance considerations.
Following the speakers, a live Q&A session will take place. Broadcaster Nigel Barden will chair the day.
The event is free to attend, but those wishing to view the webinar must register in advance.
The agenda in full
Welcome Introduction: Nigel Barden
Plenary Session 12pm-1.30pm
- Food Safety Leadership. David Heckman, Elanco
- Lion Code – continuing to raise the bar. Mark Williams, BEIC
- The challenge of biosecurity on farm. Robert Gooch, BFREPA
Webinars and Resources 2pm-4pm
- How does a vaccine make the difference? James Horner, Elanco
- Vaccination, a walk in the park. Adam Goddard, Elanco
- Elanco Food Safety Program and Index the program and how it works. Doris Mueller-Doblies, Elanco
- The Food Safety Program in practice. Graham Atkinson, Noble Foods
- Insurance considerations. Ed Nottingham, Scrutton Bland Insurance
Live Q&A 4.30pm