THE NFU has announced the dates of its annual Turkey Marketing Meetings.
The union is planning a return to in-person events for this autumn.
As well as providing a chance to network with other producers, the meetings are designed to cover a range of topics including updates on the feed market, consumer insights and cost of production.
NFU poultry adviser Tom Glen said: “It’s good to meet members at the regional meetings and discuss our plans for the autumn turkey campaign.
“We will be updating members on current policy issues which may affect them and will share our plans for the fifth year of our #buymyturkey social media day which will take place this year on 3 December 2021.
“The producer speaker talking about ‘Turkey farming my way’ is always a highlight and I look forward to hearing the ups and downs of members who are marketing their turkeys from their farms.
“By sharing their stories, all attendees can gain something to take back to their own businesses.”
Dates and locations
This year’s regional meetings are scheduled as follows. NFU members can click on the links below to register for a meeting, non-members will need to contact their regional NFU office.
- Anglian Turkeys Association (Feering, Essex) – 8pm, 7 September (please email email@example.com to register)
- South West (Exeter, Devon) – 7.30pm, 13 September, sponsored by Kelly Turkeys
- South East (East Grinstead, West Sussex) – 7pm, 21 September, sponsored by Kelly Turkeys
- East Midlands (Loughborough, Leicestershire) – 7pm, 27 September, sponsored by ForFarmers
- West Midlands (Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire) – 7.30pm, 30 September, sponsored by ForFarmers
- North West (Knutsford, Cheshire) – 7.30pm, 5 October, sponsored by Massey Feeds
- North West (Preston, Lancashire) – 7.30pm, 6 October, sponsored by Massey Feeds
- East Anglia (Eye, Suffolk) – 7.30pm, 6 October, sponsored by ForFarmers
- North East (Wetherby, West Yorkshire) – 7pm, 11 October, sponsored by ForFarmers
Please note, these meetings are subject to national and local COVID-19 restrictions.